Additions, corrections, comments, complaints and compliments concerning this page should be submitted to Betty Miller and Patsy Vinson.
In the southeastern portion of Van Zandt county the Davidson family are quite extensive and useful. The subject is a member of this family and lives near Ben Wheeler, is a thrifty and progressive farmer. Wm. Davidson was the grandfather and lived in Tennessee. John W. Davidson was his father and lived in Georgia. His mother's maiden name was Emiline Spence. His father and mother were married in 1842, and were the parents of nine children, seven of whom are now living. Mr. Davidson himself was born April 25, 1858, in the state of Florida, but the family moved to Van Zandt county early, and he was educated in the common schools of this country. He was reared on a farm and is himself a farmer. In February, 1878, he married Miss Eugenia Hays of Smith county, in 1881 she died, and on December 1884, he married Miss A. Johnson of Henderson county. Mr. Davidson is a steward in the M. E. church, is a trustee of the public school, has 400 acres of Van Zandt land well stocked and equipped. He is a public spirited, enterprising citizen, wide awake to every public enterprise looking to the development of his section and to the good of the country. He has with many others, become quite interested in securing a railroad through this section of the country.